Choosing the flooring for your commercial space may not seem like a high priority, but when you consider the importance of the material on which you stand and which supports you equipment, or the surface that ties together the visual impression of your space for your customers, you will quickly realize that this should be a carefully considered decision. One of the most popular flooring options for commercial usage is epoxy. This polymer material utilizes a blend of chemicals that develop a durable and long-lasting plastic product ideal for a multitude of applications, including use in a range of commercial spaces.
Epoxy for Commercial Applications
When it comes to commercial applications there are several considerations that must be kept in mind in regards to the material used for flooring. One of the most important is durability. Because commercial spaces tend to see a tremendous amount of traffic, and withstand exposure to heat, abrasion, and other influences, you must be sure that the flooring that you choose will be able to cope with such elements and remain at its original integrity. Because of the benefits of selecting epoxy as a floor coating, it is recommended for a variety of industries and spaces including:
- Automotive garages
- Car dealership showrooms
- Art galleries
- Food processing plants
- Clean rooms
- Correctional facilities
- Retail stores
- High traffic locations within courthouses and other government buildings
- Aircraft hangars
Visual Appeal and Benefit
It is not just the strength of an epoxy floor that makes it an appealing option for commercial applications. This material is highly customizable and can be created in many different colors, as well as enhanced with decorative elements such as glitter, color chips, shimmer effects, and blending, to create an entirely unique result. This can be beneficial in several ways. Colored epoxy can be useful in delineating areas throughout a space, such as color coding safety areas or creating off-limits designation, but it can also be used purely for the aesthetic appeal. A custom floor can give a major boost to the impression, interest, and polish of your entire business.
Beyond the visual possibilities offered by epoxy floors there are also many functional benefits to this type of floor coating. These include:
- The coating retains color beautifully and will maintain the look you desire for a long period of time.
- The surface is highly stain resistant so it will not need to be touched up.
- Abrasion and damage resistance mean that your floor will not need to be replaced or repaired frequently. In fact, most epoxy floors last for decades without need for replacement or major repair.
- The materials used to create epoxy floors are considered very safe and do not contain dangerous solvents in addition to being non-flammable and non-corrosive.
- Because the surface of the epoxy floor, once properly sealed, is smooth and non-porous, cleaning this type of floor is simple. Basic household cleaners and tools are all that are necessary to keep the floor looking its best. This also makes this type of coating ideal for clean rooms and medical facilities.